Embera Rainforest Adventure
Embera Indian Village all day tour
Minimum 2 people
One of the magical things about Panama is its diverse mix of cultures and lifestyles.
Let our professional guides take you on this unforgettable tour into the heart of the Panamanian rainforest. This is a day trip so we leave early in the morning and get back before dark. We will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the starting point on the Chagres river, and from there you will ride in a traditional cayuco (dug-out canoe) to the Embera Indian village. There you will be welcomed by the villagers who will give you an introduction to the culture, religion, art, language, food, and lifestyle of their people.
You will be served a traditional lunch of Tilapia fish and fried plantains. Other presentations include an explanation of medicinal plants, a trail walk through the jungle, a musical dance and performance, and the chance to swim in a crystal clear river at an unbelievable waterfall. There is a two person minimum and no maximum on this very exciting and informative tour. This trip is often citied by many as the favorite part of the trip at the end of their stay.
Price for this Embera Indian tour $190.00 per person, minimum 2 people.
- Bilingual Tour Guide from Panama City for the whole trip
- Transportation back and forth
- Payment to go into a National Park and payment to the Embera Indians for visiting their Indian Village
- Water and fruit for the whole trip
- Transportation up river by cayuco boats (piragua)
- Welcome to the village by the Indians
- Introduction to Embera culture/Customs, Religion, Art, Language
- Traditional lunch (tilapia fish and fried plantains)
- Dances and Musical performance
- A visit to their local handicraft showroom…buy at wonderful prices if interested
This post is also available in: Spanish